Looking for a creamy and comforting soup that is both easy to make and nutritious? Look no further than this simple cauliflower soup! With just a few ingredients, this delicious soup is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling full and nourished.
To make this hearty soup, start by sautéing chopped cauliflower, onions, and garlic in a large pot until tender. Then, add vegetable broth and simmer the mixture until the cauliflower is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together. Once this is done, blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
Finally, stir in some milk for an extra creamy texture that will leave you feeling satisfied and warm. This soup is perfect for those chilly evenings or as a light, healthy lunch option. To add some texture and flavor, you can top it off with some homemade croutons and fresh parsley.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or new to the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. So why not give it a try, and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal that will warm your soul on even the coldest of days!
Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets
- Dice the onion and garlic
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add the cauliflower florets and vegetable broth to the pot
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender to purée until smooth
- Return soup to pot and stir in the milk
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: top with croutons and chopped parsley before serving
2. Wash and prep all vegetables before starting to cook.
3. Cut cauliflower florets into small pieces to ensure even cooking.
4. Use a sharp knife to dice onion and garlic.
5. Heat oil over medium heat to prevent burning.
6. Sauté onions and garlic until they become translucent.
7. Stir in the cauliflower florets and vegetable broth and bring to a boil before reducing heat to a simmer.
8. Simmer for 20 minutes to ensure the cauliflower becomes tender.
9. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to purée until smooth.
10. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the milk until well combined.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Optional: add croutons and chopped parsley as garnish before serving.
Data source: USDA
The duration this recipe lasts in the fridge is approximately 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container. To store, place the soup in an airtight container in the fridge once it has cooled down to room temperature.
To freeze, allow the soup to cool down completely and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or a resealable plastic bag. Label and date the container, and place it in the freezer. The soup can last up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
To defrost, remove the soup from the freezer and place it in the fridge overnight. Once fully defrosted, reheat it on the stovetop or microwave. Ensure that the soup is heated all the way through before serving.
If you’re garnishing with croutons and chopped parsley, add them only immediately before serving to keep them crispy and fresh.
1. Curried Cauliflower Soup – Add curry powder or paste to the recipe to give it a spicy kick and exotic flavor.
2. Roasted Cauliflower Soup – Roast the cauliflower along with onions and garlic in the oven before blending it into a soup to give it a smoky and nutty flavor.
3. Vegan Cauliflower Soup – Replace the cream with coconut milk or almond milk to make it vegan, or use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for a meatless option.
4. Creamy Cauliflower Soup – Add heavy cream, half and half, or Greek yogurt to the recipe to give it a rich and creamy texture.
5. Cheesy Cauliflower Soup – Add Cheddar, Parmesan, or cream cheese to the recipe to make it cheesy and savory.
6. Spicy Cauliflower Soup – Add jalapenos, red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the soup to give it a spicy kick.
7. Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup – Combine cauliflower and broccoli in equal amounts in the recipe to make it a mixed veggie soup.
8. Healthy Cauliflower Soup – Add kale or spinach to the recipe, or replace potatoes with sweet potatoes, to boost its nutritional content.
What To Serve With
1. Crusty bread or dinner rolls: A warm loaf of crusty bread or some fresh dinner rolls would be perfect to dip in the soup.
2. Green salad: A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing would be a great accompaniment to the soup.
3. Grilled cheese sandwich: A classic grilled cheese sandwich would be a delicious and comforting addition to the meal.
4. Roasted vegetables: Some roasted root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes would make a great side dish.
5. Cheese and crackers: A plate of assorted cheeses and crackers would be a great snack to enjoy with the soup.
6. Croutons: Sprinkle some homemade or store-bought croutons on top of the soup for an added crunch.
7. Charcuterie board: A charcuterie board with cured meats, cheeses, olives, and nuts would make a great appetizer or snack with the soup.
8. Quiche or frittata: A vegetable quiche or frittata would be a great main course to serve alongside the soup.
9. Baked potatoes: A baked potato with toppings like sour cream, chives, and cheese would be a great complement to the soup.
10. Fruit salad: A refreshing fruit salad with seasonal fruits would make a perfect dessert to end the meal.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.