If you’re in search of a comforting and healthy soup recipe that’s both quick and easy to prepare, you’ve come to the right place! This creamy carrot soup recipe is full of flavor, and is the perfect choice for a chilly winter day or whenever you need a warm and satisfying meal.
To get started, simply chop up some fresh carrots, onion, and garlic, and cook them in a pot filled with chicken or vegetable broth until they’re tender. Once everything has cooked down, blend it all together with some cream and butter to create a velvety smooth texture that will leave your taste buds singing.
Don’t forget to add salt and pepper to taste, and if you’re a fan of parsley, consider using some chopped leaves as a garnish. And the best part? You don’t need a long list of complicated ingredients to whip up this delicious soup.
In no time at all, you’ll have a comforting, healthy, and satisfying meal that you can enjoy any day of the week. So why not give this creamy carrot soup a try and see for yourself just how delicious it can be? Your taste buds will definitely thank you!
Carrot Soup Recipe
- Peel and chop 6 large carrots.
- Chop 1 onion.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- In a pot, add the chopped carrots, onion, and minced garlic.
- Pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Add 1 cup of milk or cream.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until it is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup over medium heat until warmed through.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley for garnish (optional).
Data source: USDA
This recipe typically lasts in the fridge for up to 4-5 days and in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
To store in the fridge: Allow the soup to cool completely to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Make sure to label the container with the date and store it in the fridge.
To freeze: Allow the soup to cool completely to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container, leaving enough space for expansion. Make sure to label the container with the date and freeze it.
To defrost: Remove the soup from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight or until completely thawed. To reheat, transfer the soup to a saucepan and heat on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
To reheat: Transfer the soup to a saucepan and heat on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Before serving, you can add some freshly chopped parsley for extra flavor, if desired.
1. Spicy Carrot Soup – Add some red pepper flakes, jalapeños or hot sauce to the carrot soup for a spicy twist.
2. Creamy Carrot Soup with Coconut Milk – Replace milk with coconut milk for a vegan and creamier version of carrot soup.
3. Thai-Style Carrot Soup – Add curry paste, lemongrass, and lime juice for a Thai flavor.
4. Carrot and Ginger Soup – Add grated ginger to enhance the taste and health benefits of the soup.
5. Carrot and Lentil Soup – Add cooked lentils and make it a hearty and filling meal.
6. Carrot and Apple Soup – Add diced apples for a touch of sweetness and tangy flavor.
7. Carrot and Potato Soup – Add diced potatoes to make it a thicker and more filling soup.
8. Carrot, Tomato, and Basil Soup – Add diced tomatoes and fresh basil for a refreshing and savory soup.
9. Carrot and Cumin Soup – Add ground cumin for a warm and earthy flavor.
10. Carrot, Orange, and Honey Soup – add fresh orange juice and a little honey for a refreshing and sweet soup.
What To Serve With
1. Crusty bread or bread rolls
2. Parmesan cheese or grated cheddar cheese
3. Fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, or basil
4. Salad greens with a drizzle of vinaigrette dressing
5. Roasted nuts, such as chopped almonds or walnuts
6. A side of roasted or grilled vegetables, such as zucchini or asparagus
7. A dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream
8. A side of crispy bacon or pancetta for a savory twist
9. A glass of white wine or a cold beer for an adult beverage option
10. Freshly squeezed juice or lemon water for a refreshing non-alcoholic drink.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.