Breakfast Skillet Hash Recipe
Here is how to make a classic breakfast skillet hash that will keep you feeling full all morning. With mostly healthy ingredients, this is an easy breakfast recipe that you can put together on a weekend morning.
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 potatoes cubed
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and cubed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until soft. Set aside potatoes.
- To the same pan, add onion, garlic, zucchini and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes and cooked bacon.
- Make two holes in the skillet and crack 2 eggs.
- Reduce heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and parsley.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 640.02kcalCarbohydrates: 38.63gProtein: 18.3gFat: 48.05gSaturated Fat: 11.16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6.91gMonounsaturated Fat: 27.05gTrans Fat: 0.08gCholesterol: 215.04mgSodium: 641.1mgPotassium: 1484.23mgFiber: 11.38gSugar: 6.52gVitamin A: 897.33IUVitamin B1: 0.38mgVitamin B2: 0.55mgVitamin B3: 5.35mgVitamin B5: 3.03mgVitamin B6: 1.09mgVitamin B12: 0.67µgVitamin C: 65.31mgVitamin D: 1.18µgVitamin E: 4.46mgVitamin K: 66.91µgCalcium: 101.97mgCopper: 0.48mgFolate: 162.05µgIron: 3.33mgManganese: 0.69mgMagnesium: 92.22mgPhosphorus: 340.26mgSelenium: 26.08µgZinc: 2.64mgNet Carbohydrates: 27.25gRead more nutritional information values.
Data source: USDA
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.