Here is a healthy spicy black bean burrito recipe that is full of flavor and a great family-friendly dinner.
It’s a vegan and vegetarian recipe that is packed with protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates which is a well-balanced meal for lunch or dinner. This recipe is particularly great for athletes and runners looking for a filling post-workout meal.
Black Bean Burrito Recipe
Salsa and Guacamole
- Cook the rice in a medium saucepan. Cover and allow to simmer for 20 mins.
- To a skillet on medium-high heat, add the olive oil, garlic, chipotle, ground cumin, brown sugar, and smoked paprika. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the black beans and tomatoes. Reduce heat and cook for 20 mins, or until the black bean sauce has thickened.
- Prepare the the salsa by combining and mixing the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime in a large salad bowl.
- Prepare the guacamole by combining and mixing the avocado, lime, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Once everything is cooked, cooled down, and ready – assemble by wrapping up the cooked rice, black beans, salsa, guacamole, natural yogurt, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
- Toast the wrapped burrito on high heat in a skillet for 2 minutes each side.
- To meal prep, you can also prepare the ingredients, store them in the fridge, and assemble them when you’re ready to eat.
Data source: USDA
How Long Does Black Bean Burrito Last?
You can make and prepare the ingredients in advance, store them in the fridge for 3-4 days, and assemble them when you’re ready to eat.
This can be a great way to meal prep and save time on busy weeknights. You can also not use the tortilla wrap, instead, combine all other ingredients in a bowl to make a naked black bean burrito bowl.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.