Here is a beef and broccoli recipe that is full of flavor and a great family-friendly dinner on a Friday night. Simply cook in one pot and enjoy a meal that’s packed with high protein and nutrients.
We recommend serving and eating this fried rice fresh because this recipe calls for cooked rice and it’s a fantastic way to cook a popular takeout without too much hassle.
Beef and Broccoli Fried Rice
- 1 Wok optional
Marinate and prep beef
- Marinate the cubed flank steak with light soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic, and brown sugar. Use a freezer bag or meal prep container to keep this marinated in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Cook everything in one pot
- Add vegetable oil to your wok or skillet on high heat.
- Cook the marinated beef for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In the same wok or skillet, add the onion, garlic cloves, and broccoli floret. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, light soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and cooked beef.
- Stir to combine and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Ensure the rice is crispy.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Data source: USDA
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.