Are you tired of the same old boring breakfast options? If so, it’s time to switch it up with these Banana Oat Pancakes! Not only are they delicious, but they’re also packed with wholesome ingredients that will keep you energized throughout the day.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand, you can have a batch of fluffy pancakes ready in no time. Plus, the combination of ripe bananas and hearty rolled oats makes for a perfectly balanced meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and full.
Speaking of satisfaction, these Banana Oat Pancakes are sure to please your taste buds. The natural sweetness of the bananas pairs perfectly with the nutty flavor of the oats, creating a flavor profile that is both comforting and delicious. And if you’re looking for a fun way to add some variety to your breakfast routine, try experimenting with different toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, or maple syrup.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and experience the magic of Banana Oat Pancakes for yourself. You won’t regret it!
Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
- Mash banana in a bowl
- Add rolled oats, egg, milk, honey/maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt
- Mix until smooth
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter/oil to coat
- Pour batter onto the pan in circles (about 1/4 cup per pancake)
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface (approximately 2-3 minutes)
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve hot.
2. Grind the rolled oats into a fine powder for a smoother texture.
3. Use a non-stick pan for easy flipping and cleaning.
4. Let the pan fully heat up before adding the batter to ensure even cooking.
5. Use a measuring cup to ensure uniform pancake size.
6. Serve hot to enjoy the best texture and flavor.
7. Add toppings such as fresh fruit or whipped cream for extra flavor and presentation.
Data source: USDA
These Banana Oat Pancakes can last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator if stored properly in an airtight container. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Here are some tips on how to store, freeze, defrost, and reheat these pancakes:
1. Let the pancakes cool down to room temperature before storing them.
2. Store the pancakes in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator.
3. You can also layer the pancakes with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking.
1. Let the pancakes cool down to room temperature before freezing them.
2. Place the pancakes on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for an hour or so until they are frozen.
3. Transfer the frozen pancakes to a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and label it with the date.
1. Take out the pancakes from the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
2. You can also defrost the pancakes in the microwave for a few seconds.
3. Avoid defrosting the pancakes at room temperature or in hot water to prevent them from becoming soggy.
1. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add some butter or oil.
2. Place the pancakes on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
3. You can also reheat the pancakes in the microwave for a few seconds.
1. Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes – Use non-dairy milk and egg substitute to make these pancakes vegan-friendly.
2. Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Pancakes – Add chocolate chips to the batter for a sweet and indulgent twist.
3. Blueberry Banana Oat Pancakes – Toss fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter for a tart and fruity burst of flavor.
4. Nutella Banana Oat Pancakes – Swirl Nutella into the batter for a decadent and creamy chocolate-hazelnut taste.
5. Applesauce Banana Oat Pancakes – Swap out the milk for unsweetened applesauce to create a lighter and healthier version of these pancakes.
6. Pumpkin Banana Oat Pancakes – Mix in pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg to create a cozy fall-inspired breakfast.
7. Peanut Butter Banana Oat Pancakes – Mix in peanut butter for a nutty and protein-packed breakfast option.
8. Banana Oat Waffles – Transform the pancake batter into waffle batter for a crispy and delicious twist on the original recipe.
What To Serve With
1. Fresh fruit: Sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries would be a delicious and healthy addition.
2. Maple syrup: Drizzle generously over your pancakes for a sweeter taste.
3. Nut butter: Try almond or peanut butter and add some sliced bananas on top.
4. Greek yogurt: A dollop of plain or flavored Greek yogurt would give your pancakes a tangy taste.
5. Chopped nuts: Add some toasted chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts for some crunch.
6. Whipped cream: For an indulgent treat, top your stack with some whipped cream.
7. Breakfast meat: Serve with some crispy bacon, sausage or ham.
8. Tea or coffee: Pair your pancakes with a hot cup of tea or coffee for a perfect start to your day.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.