Roasted sweet potato cubes are delicious, healthy, and great for meal prep and most types of recipes.
As explained in this recipe post, simply cut the sweet potato into cubes, add your preferred seasoning, add olive oil and bake in the oven.
Why does this recipe work for meal prep?
When I’m looking for meal prep recipes and ideas on the weekend, the first place I start for inspiration is simply by looking at what I have stored in my fridge and pantry.
I always seem to have sweet potatoes, and it’s great for meal prep simply because:
- They are a great source of carbohydrates that pairs well with protein and vegetables.
- Can be portion-controlled and divided into multiple servings for the week ahead.
- A small serving can help keep you feeling full.
- You can make sweet potato mash, fries, wedges, cubes, and so on – you can make your meal prep recipes more exciting.
However, this baked sweet potato cubes recipe is great for any meal because it pairs well with meat, green vegetables, and so on.
There’s more flavor to sweet potato cubes too, and it tastes even better when you add your favorite seasonings.
Baked Sweet Potato Cubes
- Preheat oven to 180°c (350°F).
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut into cubes.
- Add to mixing bowl with your choice of seasoning and oil. Stir to combine.
- Add to the baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Store in an air-tight meal prep container if you plan to reheat or make-ahead.
Founder @ Meal Plan Weekly. Passionate about improving physical and mental health (wellness) via nutrition.