Roasted sweet potato cubes are delicious, healthy, and great for meal prep. As explained in this recipe post, simply cut the sweet potato into cubes, add your preferred seasoning, add olive oil and bake in the oven.
Why this recipe works for meal prep?
When I’m looking for meal prep recipes and ideas on the weekend, the first place I start for inspiration is simply by looking at what I have stored in my fridge and pantry.
I always seem to have sweet potatoes, and it’s great for meal prep simply because:
- They are a great source of carbohydrates that pairs well with protein and vegetables.
- Can be portion-controlled and divided into multiple servings for the week ahead.
- A small serving can help keep you feeling full.
- You can make sweet potato mash, fries, wedges, cubes, and so on – you can make your meal prep recipes more exciting.
However, this baked sweet potato cubes recipe is great for any meal because it pairs well with meat, green vegetables, and so on.
There’s more flavor to sweet potato cubes too, and it tastes even better when you add your favorite seasonings.
Sweet Potatoes: Simply wash, peel and cut into cubes. Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and can easily be included in your diet.
Seasonings: There’s plenty of flavoring ideas and choices. I used a mixed herb blend with paprika and garlic powder, but you have plenty of choices.
Baked Sweet Potato Cubes
- 1 kg sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp mixed herb seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 180°c (350°F).
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut into cubes.
- Add to mixing bowl with your choice of seasoning and oil. Stir to combine.
- Add to the baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.
Meal Plan Weekly is a resource for busy people and home cooks around the world. What started as a solo blog has now turned into a website of healthy recipes and home cooking tips written by home cooks, chefs and nutritionists around the world. Our mission is to make healthy cooking easy, with realistic recipes that you will actually cook and balanced meals that you can fit into your meal plan.