Looking for a flavorful yet easy-to-make chicken recipe that is sure to please the taste buds? Introducing Baked Lemon Herb Chicken! This simple yet delicious dish is a go-to for many home cooks and is always a family favorite. Tender chicken breasts are flavored with fragrant herbs like rosemary, thyme, and garlic, then baked with slices of fresh lemon for a bright, zesty finish. The result is a juicy and tender chicken dish that’s perfect for any occasion. So, why not give this popular recipe a try? Follow the steps below and impress your loved ones with a meal they won’t forget!
Here is why you might love this Baked Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe
1. It’s incredibly flavorful and aromatic due to the fresh herbs and lemon.
2. It’s healthy and easy to make as it requires minimal prep time and only a few ingredients.
3. It’s versatile and can be served with a variety of sides, making it a perfect main dish for any occasion.
Baked Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season 4 boneless chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, and 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves.
- Cut 2 lemons in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Reserve the lemon halves.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle the herb mixture on top.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and add the reserved lemon halves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Data source: USDA
Main Ingredients Explained
|Main Ingredient||Description||Possible Alternatives|
|Chicken||Protein source typically from chicken breasts||Turkey breast, lean pork, tofu, or tempeh|
|Lemon||Acidic citrus fruit that adds flavor and tanginess||Lime, orange, or grapefruit|
|Herbs (e.g. thyme, rosemary)||Aromatic plants that adds mild flavor||Oregano, basil, parsley, or sage|
Baked chicken can typically last in the fridge for 3-4 days, provided that it is stored in an airtight container. If you want to store it for a longer period of time, you can freeze it. To freeze, allow the chicken to cool completely or put it in the fridge until it is cold. Then transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag, removing as much air as possible before sealing. It can last in the freezer for up to 4 months.
When you are ready to defrost the chicken, take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge overnight. If you don’t have time for this, you can defrost it in the microwave or under cold running water. But be careful not to cook the chicken, and use it immediately after defrosting.
It’s important to note, however, that the shelf life of any recipe depends on several factors such as the ingredients, storage methods, and the overall conditions. Always use your best judgment and follow food safety guidelines to ensure the recipe is safe to consume.
1. Garlic Lemon Herb Chicken: Add minced garlic to the lemon herb marinade for added flavor.
2. Lemon Herb Chicken with Vegetables: Baked the lemon herb chicken along with some vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts.
3. Lemon Herb Chicken Salad: Use the baked lemon herb chicken as a protein source in a healthy salad, along with some greens, veggies, and dressing.
4. Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken: Marinate the chicken in the lemon herb marinade overnight and grill it instead of baking it for a crispy outside and juicy inside.
5. Lemon Herb Chicken Pasta: Add sliced lemon herb chicken to a pasta dish, along with some veggies and creamy sauce for a delicious meal.
6. Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Chicken: Add the chicken and marinade to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours for a tender and flavorful dish.
7. Lemon Herb Chicken Skewers: Cut the chicken into small pieces and place them on skewers with some veggies, marinade, and grill for a summer BBQ favorite.
Each of these variations is easy to prepare and yields a delicious and flavorful dish that everyone will love.
What To Serve With
1. Roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, or potatoes.
2. Rice, quinoa, or pasta.
3. Salad greens or a Caesar salad.
4. Steamed green beans or asparagus.
5. Baked sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes.
6. Fresh bread, rolls, or garlic bread.
7. Grilled or sautéed mushrooms.
8. Roasted or grilled corn on the cob.
9. Creamy polenta or risotto.
10. Seasonal fruit, such as strawberries or watermelon.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.