Are you searching for a snack that is both nutritious and delectable? You don’t need to look any further than this straightforward recipe for homemade kale chips! Using only a handful of basic ingredients, including fresh kale, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and a mix of piquant spices, these crispy and crunchy chips are the perfect snack for any time of the day.
All you’ll need to do is tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces, toss them with the spice blend, and bake them until they’re golden brown and delightfully crisp. These baked kale chips would be a great option for a healthy snack whilst watching TV or as a side dish to serve with your favorite main course. They’re guaranteed to be a hit with both adults and children.
So, why wait? Give this recipe a try today and experience the deliciousness of wholesome snacking!
Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- Wash and dry kale leaves
- Remove stems and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces
- In a mixing bowl, combine kale pieces, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper
- Massage kale leaves with seasoning mixture until well-coated
- Spread kale pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy and slightly browned
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Data source: USDA
The baked kale chips recipe can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. To store, let the kale chips cool completely and then transfer them to the container.
To freeze, place the kale chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours or until they are frozen solid. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
To defrost, simply remove the container from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour or until it is completely defrosted. Alternatively, you can reheat it in the oven at 375°F for 5-10 minutes until it is crispy again.
1. Parmesan Kale Chips – Add grated parmesan cheese to the kale chips before baking for a savory and cheesy twist.
2. Garlic Kale Chips – Toss the kale with minced garlic and olive oil before baking to add a rich and savory flavor.
3. Spicy Kale Chips – Sprinkle red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper on top of the kale, before baking for a spicy kick.
4. Lemon Pepper Kale Chips – Add a dash of lemon juice and sprinkle with black pepper for a zesty and refreshing taste.
5. Ranch Kale Chips – Mix ranch seasoning with the kale before baking for a satisfying and flavorful snack.
6. Taco Seasoned Kale Chips – Sprinkle taco seasoning on top of the kale before baking for a south of the border taste.
7. Sesame Soy Kale Chips – Mix soy sauce and sesame oil with the kale before baking for a savory and nutty flavor.
8. BBQ Kale Chips – Mix bbq seasoning with the kale before baking to add a smoky and bold flavor.
9. Everything Bagel Kale Chips – Sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning on top of the kale before baking for an everything bagel inspired snack.
10. Maple Cinnamon Kale Chips – Drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon on top of the kale before baking for a sweet and spicy snack.
What To Serve With
1. Dip: A creamy dip like hummus, tzatziki, or a ranch dressing can be a great pairing for kale chips.
2. Sandwich: Kale chips can make a healthy and crunchy addition to any sandwich.
3. Soup: Add some baked kale chips as a topping to your soup for some added texture and flavor.
4. Salad: Try adding some baked kale chips to your favorite salad for a healthy and low calorie crunch.
5. Snack: Baked kale chips make a delicious and nutritious snack on their own.
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.