Falafel is a popular dish made with ground chickpeas, tahini, mixed herbs, and spices.
The mixture is shaped into balls or patties and baked or deep-fried until golden brown. Here is a baked recipe that is healthier.
It’s often served on pita bread with toppings such as tomato, lettuce, and tahini sauce.
Falafel is a great vegetarian option and a tasty addition to any meal plan.
Baked Falafel Recipe
- 1 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 serrano pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 200 g (0.4 lb) parsley roughly chopped
- 200 g (0.4 lb) cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking soda
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the dried chickpeas in water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to a food processor with chopped onion, parsley, cilantro, pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, cardamom, and black pepper. Pulse the mixture.
- Add the chickpea flour and baking soda to the food processor and mix. Add to bowl, and cover.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Form the mixture into balls and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins until golden and crisp, turning halfway through cooking.
Data source: USDA
How Long Does Falafel Last?
|Fridge||3 to 5 days.|
How To Reheat Falafel
|Air Fryer||5 minutes|
We are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans to help you stay on track with your goals. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans.