If you prefer your green beans crispy and well seasoned, this recipe is just for you and we have also suggested ideas to add more flavor to these healthy vegetables.
Green beans are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They also contain fiber and protein.
Furthermore, green beans are low in calories that can be great for many weight loss or maintenance recipes because they can help you feel full when paired with the main meal such as meat or vegan meat of choice.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Ensure you wash and fully dry the green beans and trim the ends.
- Add the green beans to your mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Evenly spread the green beans in the fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes on 360°F / 180°C, but half way through shake the basket.
- Depending on your type of air fryer, it may cook faster than 10 minutes. It’s best advised to check halfway through or after 8 minutes.
How long to air fry green beans?
Cook the green beans for 10 minutes in the air fryer for the ultimate crispness but it’s best advised to check after 5 to 8 minutes.
This is because there are different air fryer models and you might get the same results in a faster time.
Can you air fry frozen green beans?
You can certainly use frozen green beans, however, it will not be as crispy compared to fresh green beans.
Which other seasonings would work well?
There are plenty of ways to add flavor to these green beans. Here are some popular options:
- Grated parmesan
- Spice powders such as paprika or cayenne pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Chopped bacon
- Soy sauce
- Avocado oil
- Nutritional yeast
- Panko breadcrumbs
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
As nutrition specialists, we are dedicated to providing the best and most effective meal plans. Our team constantly tests and experiments with different recipes and approaches to ensure our offerings are of the highest quality. We also collaborate with a network of nutrition and data experts from around the globe to bring you innovative and advanced meal plans. All of the nutritional information provided is sourced from the USDA API.